from Sugar Hill, GA
The Pros Who Know, Know ACDelco
No Sticker Wall yet
ACDelco Pro Stock Cobalt
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
- Engine: GM DRCE III V-8, 500 c.i.d, 1,400+ hp
- Engine Parts: Dual Holley 1050 cfm four-barrel carburetors
- Transmission: Clutchless 5-speed, manually shifted
- Suspension: MacPherson strut (front) Four-link with axle-mounted wheelie bars (rear)
- Brakes: Strange carbon fiber discs, 9.5" dia. front, 10.85" dia. rear.
- Tires: Rear - 33.5 x 18 x 16 Tubeless Goodyear
- Other: ACDelco 438LTS Plugs & PF947 Oil Filter
- Body Mods: Carbon fiber/Kevlar composite body
- Paint: Vinyl Wrap
- Wheels: 16" wide x 16" dia. bead lock (rear)
- Lights: Front headlight and rear tail light buckest from production Cobalt
- Other: Dual Stroud three-panel parachutes, adjustable rear spoiler
Audio & Electronics
This is the flagship of the ACDelco Racing team, driven by Kurt Johnson in the NHRA’s Pro Stock division. It is a 2008 Jerry Haas chassis with a Chevy Cobalt body, powered by a General Motors DRCE III (Drag Racing competition engine)
History of this Vehicle
This car made its competitive debut at the 2008 NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, CA. It won three national events in six final round appearances during the 2008 POWERade season, helping Kurt place third in the final championship standings. It’s best official e.t. and speed as of 1/8/08 is 6.559 seconds at 210.11 mph, recorded last October in Richmond, VA.
Plans for this Vehicle
KJ will start the 2009 Full Throttle Drag Racing season i this car, so the plans are pretty simple – to win…a lot!
Sponsors & Special Thanks
ACDelco, Chevrolet, Red Line Oil, Mark Christopher Chevrolet, Goodyear, and many others we’ll add later.