28 year old
street rods are built, parts are bought
No Sticker Wall yet
1972 Chevy Impala
- Engine: 350 (3970010) bored .040 over, top decked n shaved
- Engine Parts: 168/ 60cc heads (376450), edelbrock carb/intake combo, edelbrock vic. jr fuel pump & regulator, k&n airfilter sandwiched in moroso cleaner, comp cams pushrods/lifters/xe flat tap. cam, 1.6 full roller rockers, kb 10:1 comp, mellings hv oil pump, moroso 7
- Transmission: GM turbo 350
- Suspension: factory
- Brakes: factory disc
- Tires: winston 275/75-r15
- Exhaust: hooker headers, 2.5 alum. pipes, x-pipe, flowmaster 40 series with turn downs
- Upholstery: factory leather with floral inserts
- Seats: full bench
- Steering Wheel: factory 14"
- Steering Column: factory non-tilt with 5" monster tach
- Gauges: 2 5/8 autometer h2o temp, oil pressure
- Pedals: billet specialties
- Noise & Heat Insulation: none lol
- Seals & Gaskets: fel pro
- A/C & Heat: 4-75 a/c; heat generated by sbc lol
- Other: factory
- Body Mods: no key holes
- Paint: money green
- Wheels: 15x7 chevy rallyes
- Trim: removed
- Lights: ice berg blue h.i.ds w/ halo
Audio & Electronics
- Head Unit: factory push n slide
- Highs: flowmaster
- Mids: xe268
- Security: 380
- Ignition: GM h.e.i.
- Lighting: H4
- Battery: Bosch
History of this Vehicle
i brought the vehicle from the original owner through his son when he got too. car had sat for more than 8yrs had a cracced windshield, old fuel, needed tune-up, and a new battery. he said he’ll take the first $500 so i rushed right over, handed him the cash, signed the title, popped the battery in, reinstalled the coil wire to the points and she cranked right up. drove her home, washed her up and tuned her. a few weeks later i realized the old ignition wasnt werking for me after burning off my eyebrows and a 3rd of my lashes, lol. so i pulled her out had her fully gone through and even swapped to an h.e.i….....the rest is history lol.
Plans for this Vehicle
im keeping the motor i have for now and focus on suspension and brake upgrades, i really love the thought of having an older car that runs and feels like a new car. so im going to have the bottom end rebuilt with a pst frt and rr poly bushing kit, new coils, new shoccs, box my rear lower trailing arms, reinforce my a-arms, and add heavy duty swaybars wenever i find sum only factory pieces around nobody seems to make parts for 71-76 but hey thats part of the adventure in building a classic i guess lol. then i’d like to shave all of the key slots off doors and trunk, body lining, and emblems. install a set of lower rocker trim from a 71 model, 44” moonroof, new doors, new front fenders (instead of patching lower area behind the tires), replacing the trunk floor because of all the little rotted areas, new quarter panels from classic ind., and a new radiator support.
the interiors going to be simple leather or vinyl with tweed inserts, guages replace a/c control panel, power windows that use the original crank as a switch, power loccs, and thats it…....no stereo because i like listening to my cams tones…lol maybe later.
Sponsors & Special Thanks
none but i wish i could grab a few sponsors who like to help out lol or atleast a little helper…smiley wont be able to help out for a few more years…lol